Monday, June 14, 2010

First Rain of the Season




Monsoon has begun in India and so are the various songs on rains, ranging from classic oldie bollywood songs to regional songs. And with this rainy season, stories and feelings of first rain start too.



Well…. First Rain… According to some Indian writers, First Rain is the rain where you get chances to get “wet” (pun is included, intended) with your special someone … But there is no mention of what to do when one does not have someone that much special, so I thought I’ll celebrate the first rain of this season with my friends. College friends were not in Pune, so celebrated it with my office friend.



As per my amdavadi rituals for “Pehlo Varsad”(First Rain), I have to welcome the rain Gods with garma garam daalwada (will give you recipe if u guys want)- ofcourse from Gujarat Dalwada Centre, but, Pune has different ritual, it’s to have Vada-pav, but was not in mood of that… So I started the celebration with a cutting. My next ritual is to have a good rain-bath but unfortunately, the time we left office the rain was almost gone. Now you will think that then what I did do to celebrate the first rain…



Okk, so now I’ll tell you what we did today…. When we left office, the water clogging in our gully was at its peak as you can see in the photograph attached, so after having a cutting, we walked till the main road, water was there too, but we somehow managed to start our journey to my way back home. The atmosphere was chilling cold but that was not enuf to shake our mood of masti, hence we decided to go for a li’l drive in nearby area.


That drive gave real pleasant moments for eyes… all scenery was totally green n really awesome. And as if rain Gods were listening to our prayers, it started drizzling. In short, it was most awesome day today. Though I had some typical girlie fearsome moments, regarding a mouse n of course, a snake (how can I forget that!!!).



But in all these I missed my cell phone a lott, if that unavoidable incident had not happened 20 days back, then I must have clicked some really awesome pics of the nature, but abhi ke liye, enjoy with my these clicks….



Happy Monsoon people!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. good spirit!!! inspite of water-clogging!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the rain by soaking in it then garma garam bhajiya or daalwada with lili fudina's chatni. ;)clicks are nice spl. last 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. are atyare pn ahiya bhavnagar ma varsad aavi rahyo che...1st rain ma nahi lidhu...i think PEHLO VARSAD rituals r in Gujarat only...but chalo m maniye k u enjpoyed there also...btw,cell nu besnu kyare che?a,ne laukik krvani khbr pde etle pu6yu...hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harshbhai...
    ek photo sathe ni chhapa ma sradhnjali jaher khabar aapi dyo..:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jagratbhai.... besnu mara phone nu rakhvanu hatu....

    @ Harsh...
    LAUKIK VYAVHAR BANDH CHHE.... :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. o motaben e jaher khabar tamara phone mate j aapavani chhe.. tame shu samajya ? :P

    ReplyDelete