Monday, November 29, 2010

On birth of “someone” special:

Few months back, when I was on my vacation, I got a call from my friend. Although it was a kind of offer for me, it was more of an idea. Story goes like this:



In May 2010, an eMagazine, issued by a Gujarati Orkut community, published an article written by my close friend Bhumika. And this beautiful article ignited a spark in Vishal’s mind. As a result, we all “conceived” this beautiful idea of an e-magazine. It would be a magazine where a person could freely express his/her idea on a subject of their choosing. Language no bar.



But a child does not enter this world without mother going through labour pains. Similarly there were lots of problems attached with birth of this magazine. To start with, first we couldn’t think about how to “motivate” the whole Writer Brigade, when we gathered people to write, we couldn’t decide the name of the magazine, date of publishing first issue, etc. Finally, when everything was decided, it was the time for us “pioneers” to face our bunch of problems in our personal life. Due to various reasons, this idea was as good as dead.



At end of 6 months of labour pain, we are finally here, ready to welcome fruit of our labours to this world, after all these hustle bustle n hullabaloo.



So, our most beloved baby, COLLAGE is coming to this world, with its first issue. And I’m feeling extremely happy for this…..



And for you all, please check http://collage19.wordpress.com. This blog will be home for Collage for some time to come.





P.S.: I know, you all might feel that how can one post such *bullshit* on their blog, but these are my feelings and I am trying to give words to them

No comments:

Post a Comment