Sunday, December 13, 2009

Not Just Jazz by the Bay




Yope…. First time in the ‘history’ of this blog I am writing about something other than travelling…. It’s about my one more passion, i.e. food (yeah, I live for food & not have food to live).
Well… This Sunday we (me, Ankita & Piyush) visited Not Just Jazz by the Bay for our lunch. No, we generally do not spend so much money for lunch every weekend, but this weekend was special for all of us, we all got internship (in fact I’ve already got my 1st salary), so it was celebration time & we decided to treat ourselves in a classy way.
We selected their buffet plan, which include a drink (beer/cocktail/mocktail/iced tea), a soup (veg/non veg), a sandwich, salad bar, pasta bar and dessert. With all these, for beginning they give you bread basket & hummus with Pita breads. The drinks were okey (we took 1 lemon iced tea, 1 peach iced tea & 1 peach flavored mocktail), then we had soup, Ankita & Piyush had Cream of Tomato soup, which was quite thick, for a sec I thought it’s not soup but chowder & I tried Chicken & Potato soup, which was though bland, one could make it tasty by adding some pepper & drops of lemon juice.
Their salad range was quite good, starting from bean sprouts salad to Russian salad to chilly potato to pasta salad (pastas prepared in different kind of sauces) & even sandwiches were good (we tried classic veg, Mediterranean veg and NJ’s lover). I didn’t try pastas but Piyush said it was okey, not so great. And since we have kind of same choices in food, I think even I would not like it.
Now it’s the turn of Desserts… The best part of whole lunch was dessert as usual. Today they had Orange Mousse, Black current Mousse, Mixed Fruit gautex , Fruit Salad(which is cut fruits) and Chocolate Mousse.. I wrote Chocolate mousse in the end just because that was the best chocolate mousse I have ever tried. It was not sweet like other choco. Mousse, but it was a li’l bit bitter. May not everyone like this; especially those who think chocolate should be sweet & not bitter. But fans of dark chocolate would love the taste.
Over all we spent almost 2 hrs there, with just food & talks & photography (yeah I’ve attached the pic of Choco mousse)

(P.S. : ‘m new as food critic, do lemme know how’s it)

2 comments:

  1. Ppl who usually go to "Not just Jazz by the Bay" for pizza, beer n some live jazz music playing around.. I feel it strange that the food wasn't upto the mark.
    Have you guys been to one which is located on Marine drive?
    If not, put it on ur "100 best restaurents u must visit b4 u die".

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...may be... but there were some negative points on our side too like:
    1)We been to their Pune branch,not Mumbai 1
    2) we took buffet lunch(they dont have Jazz music in the afternoon)
    3)we all are tea-totlers
    4)My both friends are PURE veg.
    etc...

    But sure will try Marine Drive 1 when I visit Mum next time.. :)

    ReplyDelete